[Dailydrool] Recurrent UTIs

Laura Tancredi tancgirl1980 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 23 15:47:12 PST 2010

Hi Maureen
I don't know if this has already been addressed as I am catching up today on drools.

Has Chloe had a culture and sensitivity done on the urine sample to insure the correct antibiotic is chosen?  Has she been on the antibiotics for three or more weeks?  Has a urinalysis been done after the antibiotics are finished to insure that the UTI is in fact gone?  Has she had an xray done to rule out bladder stones and/or an ultrasound if they are the type of stones that aren't seen on radiograph?

Sorry for all the questions but I would do these FIRST and if everything comes back then go for the "Lady Tuck" (Episioplasty - http://www.acvs.org/AnimalOwners/HealthConditions/SmallAnimalTopics/VulvarFoldDermatitis/index.cfm?dspPrintReady=Y)

Although this may be the cause of the UTIs (especially if she is over weight or particularly wrinkly or squishy in that area) the surgery doesn't always eliminate the recurrence of UTIs.

Good Luck and I hope this information helps.

Laura
Flash and Ryu