[Dailydrool] Lymphosarcoma questions.

srbelcher1 at charter.net srbelcher1 at charter.net
Thu Feb 25 15:47:51 PST 2010

Our Basset Hound Savannah has recently lost her appetite, drinks lots of water, is very lathargic and at times seems to be confused and weak.  She has recently stopped eating almost all together and has been having trouble keeping anything down.  The vet vet thinks she has lymphosarcoma of the stomach or intestines.  She is getting an ultrasound Friday and hopefully a plan of treatment.  We have several questions about how we can help her and we were hoping that this page and it's members would be able to provide that help.  We are obviously concerned about the cancer, but we are also very concerned that she is not eating. She has been eating very little bits of raw hamburger and boiled chicken. We have just started her on prednisone to help rememdy this.  Our questions are as follows.

1.  Any suggestions on what we can offer her to help induce her appetite?  We have tried hamburger, boiled chicken and green tripe and none of it seems to yield very good results.

2.  Any one have any experience with chemotherapy treatment of lymphosarcoma of the stomach or intestines?  If so, did it work and do you think it helped improve your pets quality of life?

3.  Anyone know of or tried any other treatments for lymphosarcoma?  We have our Basset Joey on Neoplasene for a diagnosed spleen tumor that is now gone, so I was hoping someone has used neoplasene for lymophosarcoma.

4.  If anyone has had a pet diagnosed with lymphosarcoma, what plan of action your vet suggested you follow and how the treatment went?

5.  If prednisone helped your pet get their appetitie back or what helped?

6.  If anyone has any suggestions or other advise I have not thought to ask about please share them as Savannah is our third basset of three to be diagnosed with cancer and we obviously want to do everything we can to help get rid of her cancer.

If you want you can send any responses to srbelcher2 at charter.net or belcher2 at charter.net.

Thank you all for any info you can provide.

Steve, Elaine, Ryland Joey and Savannah Belcher.