[Dailydrool] Just saying hey.

Cyn Mobley dogrescue at atriskintervention.org
Sun Feb 28 12:11:29 PST 2010

Hello, everyone. I've been lurking and thought I'd say hey.

I'm Cyn Mobley in Knoxville TN and my daily life is planned and supervised
by four or five Bassets (I've lost track exactly how many are around -- it
seems to change fairly often....)

I've been in Rescue for quite a while, primarily Greyhounds and Airedales,
and had never personally known a Basset. Last year, my vet saved a young one
-- hit by car, owner had no funds and was homeless, so the owner signed her
over to the clinic to find her a new home. The vet fixed her up and asked me
if I could find a rescue for her. I contacted BellyRubs and Leanne said they
could take her if I could foster her for a while.

Big mistake. That lasted about 24 hours before this dark tricolor goofball
decided I was in need of my own personal clown. Her name is Mandy and she's
just about two now. SILLY girl.

Then I started fostering for BellyRubs. Currently in residence are Chali
(10, dumped at another vet to be put down because she barked too much) Tasha
(6, Miss. Puppy mill survivor), Peanut (around 6-8, stray in Sevierville)
and Drew (formerly Droopy, 14 year old, at Young Williams from a cruelty
case, kicked in the head.) Trevor is also sort of mine, has been fostered
here for 2 months but currently at the vet's boarding because he's feeling
better and that testosterone is becoming a problem....he's also recovering
from a split treatment heartworm protocol so can't be neutered for another
few weeks. And Drew MAY have a new foster home today where he can get more
attention! Their pictures are all up on BellyRubs.org. Drew is one of the
saddest cases I've seen in a while. He's had a bath and some good food and
he's looking better. Despite his scumball person being convicted of cruelty,
Drew is a talker, a cuddler, and just an all around great boy, if still a
little confused about what all has happened.

In addition to my lowriders, I have six Greyhounds, one Airedale, one
American Black Shaggy Standard and one Treeing Walker Coonhound.

If any of you are on Facebook, would love to friend you!

Cyn Mobley