[Dailydrool] Drool to the rescue and the little boy who called wolf

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 28 12:15:53 PST 2010

I wanted to share this story. Had we needed rescuing yesterday, it would have been Laura Salmon and Drool Power who threw us the life saver. We live in Hawaii. Yesterday morning I lay in bed listening to the sirens going off and off and thought to myself; "They're going overboard with all the tsunami test warnings this time--I wonder if the buzzer is stuck or something". I called out to my husband to ask what was going on and he replied, "Oh, just more tests of the sirens again, I guess". I got up and got on the computer to read my e-mail and there was one from Laura hoping we were on high ground (we are) since there was a tsunami headed for our island! Huh? thought I, and turned on the TV. Sure enough, it wasn't a test. So we filled a couple of buckets with water and waited to see what happened. (Nothing serious here). Later, I asked a neighbor whether she knew there was a tsunami warning for real? No. Like me, she assumed it was more tests. They test
 the sirens frequently. I expect had we been in a low lying area, there would have been police cars with loud speakers and a buzz in the air. But next time we will pay more attention. Thanks, Laura.