[Dailydrool] education

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 04:37:03 PST 2010

I don't know who started the thing about wishing rescue would do "more"
education on responsible ownership, but frankly I do not know of any
organization or persons who do MORE for educating future and wannabe owners
about Basset Hounds.
I am sure there are some "private" rescues (I have run into a few of these
and do not, alas, generally recommend them) that do no educating but simply
hand out Bassets with no preparation or interaction with the future home,
but the Pros do more intense scrutiny of future homes and do more match-ups
than anyone and the real Rescues are always there to help you out with a
problem or concern. Considering all these orgs do I cannot imagine expecting
them to pay my Vet bills, too.

MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis, Conley and Cooper.