[Dailydrool] marking

Janet Heald basset_hound_home at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 14 08:53:56 PST 2010

We have a new issue going on at our house.  Ellsworth (he is 10 months old) has taken to "marking" on our bedspread when we allow them to come back with us for a time at night.  The first time we thought it was a fluke since we knew he wasn't feeling well (growth) so just cleaned things up (luckily it didn't soak through the bedspread!) and didn't think much about it.  Well, the next night I was watching him and he sniffed around, pawed for a second and then started peeing.  We grabbed him so fast with a stern NO and put him outside before crating him.  So...is this normal for a male at this age or is something else going on?  We only had one other male dog and he came to us a little older as a rescue and we never had marking issues.

Janet