[Dailydrool] Observations

Kelly Jane Wilson chincoteaguegal at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 18 16:37:25 PST 2010

I will try to keep this short because I always have the question marks in my posts. I don't have the patience to try to figure out today the rich text format versus plain text.

Question. Which came first. The Basset slave personality or the Basset. Did we have a screw loose BEFORE we were Basset owned, or did being Basset owned loosen that screw? I like to say I used to be normal with my Labrador Retrievers, then Low Bed the Bassador waddled into my life. Where else would people willingly discuss how many of us have eaten milk bones in our lives??? And not think it STRANGE? Or sleeping arrangements or poop in the house or personal injuries? Are we predispositioned to be Basset slaves or did the hounds make us that way?

I had a terrible thought. Maybe no one is talking as much about OEBE because the hounds are becoming better behaved. May it never be! I never have any good OEBE worthy stories to tell. My dogs do not do too many naughty things. Oh there was the Christmas 2007 story of the ham and the salad and the fight, but that was a foster Basset. But please tell me we still have plenty of OEBE worthy behavior out there. Please. It makes my household look almost normal.

Recent stories to add to the classics that we need to hear again and again. Jonathan in the house robe with the locked gates. We need to request that one when we are feeling blue. Debbie W with the spilled whatever you call it, food tray, and Mommas foot in Daddies rumpbone. I howled at that one this morning. With all the current sadness both on the Drool and in the world, these are the stories we need!

Healing drool to all in need. Although, I realized today that I hardly need my drool rags any more, now that the old Labrador Retrievers are gone. I used to do loads of drool rags. Now there are none in current use. The Bassets don't drool unless they have a reason.

Stay safe.
Kelly Jane and the Wilson Gang