[Dailydrool] Daisy

Laura Tancredi tancgirl1980 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 31 12:29:58 PST 2010

Elizabeth -
I see this more than I would like to.  Last week there were a mother and daughter in with their father's dog.  Dad had gone ahead a few years before and now the dog was following.  The family found it so hard to lose their last link (or so they feel) to their father/husband.  I had a woman become very angry with me over the death of her cat but later her mother informed me that it was the father's cat and the daughter felt it was a link to him.
I have also seen many a senior human bossed around by a yapping, peeing/pooping in the house, "Terror"-terrier.  Although good companionship the dog is more than one healthy middle aged person could deal with let along a senior citizen.  Now is the time for your mom to pick up some hobbies.  My upstairs neighbor who is 80 misses her dog alot but comes to pet my boys on her way out to her dance classes.  Not saying that your mom needs to start tap dance (difficult when you are in a wheelchair) but perhaps some crafts in the house or a small indoor group of plants to care for.  Of course visits from her granddogs won't hurt either ;)

Laura
Flash
and Ryu