[Dailydrool] Adopting Pete

Laurie Zak ljza68tig at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 6 10:53:32 PST 2010

Hi Tamara,

I just wanted to tell you how happy I am for you to be opening your heart & home to sweet little Pete from WABR so soon after losing your precious Doozer. I am sure that you were guided to Pete by your Daisey Doo, and she will be watching proudly over you as you share your love and life with this new deserving little houndie! We adopted our Annabelle & Dottie from Pat at WABR last month (after losing our Masami in August) and already the joy, laughter and love they have brought us has been so amazingly healing to our hurting hearts! I know baby Pete will help fill that hole in your heart with the joy only a hound can bring, and that Doozer will be so pleased at seeing your smiles again. Please keep us updated on how things are going when you get Pete home! (btw-i think that we got to see him when we were at GABR getting our girls last month-he is such a darling little guy-and I was sort of glad he was not ready to be adopted when we were there cause he was just so darn tiny & sweet that I knew it would not take much for me to fall in love with him, but we were not really "up" to taking on a puppy again! Our Annabelle has kept us plenty busy with her still-puppy like behavior at age 2...but of course, it is worth every trying moment when we get those sweet slobbery snooter kisses and the privledge of rubbing those fat warm bellies!) Much happiness drool to you and your new family member!

foodslave mama Laurie

Annabelle (yes, I do still act like a puppy cause I was never allowed to be one in my former life in a puppy mill)

Dottie (I am unbelievably sweet & happy considering what I have been through in my former puppy mill life too)

Max (well, these girls ARE cute but they sure get alot of attention, whether they are bein' good or not-so-good!)

Masami (atb 8-15-09, of course I am watching & teaching the girls ALL of my best princess tricks...and they are coming along quite nicely!)