[Dailydrool] pancreatitits

Karen sparks_red at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 6 14:54:17 PST 2010

As a "old" nurse I know that Pancreatitis is one of those diseases that there just is no
known cause.  There are things that we know are associated with the disease like
increased cholesteral or calcium levels, abdominal trauma, diet, obesity, lack of exercise,
genetic predisposition, drugs, chemicals, etc.  Still be it  human or animal the research
just can't point to a specific cause yet.

I have seen patients that led a healthy, active lifestyle get pancreatitis.  I have also seen
patients that their gallbladder removed(via laparascopy) get pancreatitis within a few weeks
of surgery.  I have also seen those that I want to point out that diet is a cause but I can't
make that judgement call.

I would guess that the research funding for Pancreatitis is not as adequate as we would like it
to be.  So until a real cause(s) is found we are playing a guessing game.  We all know that no
blame can be placed when you are just making a hypothesis.

That is just my 2 cents worth (sure isn't worth much in this economy)
Karen and The Dog House Gang

This is a pretty good article on Pancreatitis.
http://www.2ndchance.info/pancreatitis.htm