[Dailydrool] another drool request

BrierK at aol.com BrierK at aol.com
Wed Jan 6 20:16:05 PST 2010

My Lucy is doing her drooling best, but requests more hounds to help  her.
My 13-yr-old daughter is very sad, as she discovered our cat moments
before death tonight.  (The cat was old, seemingly healthy, but just  suddenly
shook a bit and then died tonight. There wasn't enough time to even get  her
out to the car to take her to the vet.)

I agree with the other posters who say that bassets are able to sense
sickness and sadness.  I told Lucy that my daughter was sad, and Lucy went
right over to her and gently nudged her face.

My daughter has always been a sensitive soul--when she was 3 years old, she
 told me to "Turn off that song!  It isn't nice that the children laughed
at  the lamb!" when we were listening to "Mary Had a Little Lamb".  She  has
experienced pets dying before, but tonight was the first time she actually
witnessed the process--which happened in her bedroom---and she could use
lots of  drool.

And Lucy will fling drool back to those others who are in need, too.

Kristi and Lucy, who was always tolerant of the  cat