[Dailydrool] Miss Polly's visit to the vetman

Eleri Pastouret elerimist at free.fr
Mon Jan 11 08:11:34 PST 2010

Well, as I said in my previous mail, all is well with Miss Polly.  The
only damage was to her dignity!

However, whilst waiting in the vetman's surgery a lady comes in with
something in a crate (not a closed in cage but like a box with no
lid).  I was sure it wasn't a dog and thought it looked strange for a
cat, so I asked her what it was .... a HEN!  Thank goodness that
animals' comportements change when they go to the vet!  Miss Polly is
a hen-serial-killer - she has two to her credit since I've owned her.
Luckily, we don't see that many here in town.  As soon as the woman
said "hen" I just automatically bent down and covered Polly's ears so
she would not hear the magic word!

Who was it that said that Polly has no brains?  Maybe I should go and
check the mirror!

Hugs to all,

Eleri