[Dailydrool] Breeding Experience

galinkinsk at aol.com galinkinsk at aol.com
Tue Jan 12 14:25:17 PST 2010

Many many years ago my parents were very involved with Basset Hounds and
showing them.  They were so involved my father was the president of our
local kennel club.  They had dreams of breeding , showing and also owning  and
running  a boarding kennel.  They bought their first brood bitch  from a very
reputable breeder...as it turned out this dog NEVER came into   season,
hence they could not breed her.  The second bitch was given to them  from
another breeder ...they bred her and she gave birth to ONE puppy...that  puppy
was born with an umbilical hernia (correctable) which really added insult  to
injury since there was only one.  After those two experiences they gave  up
on the idea and continued to rescue bassets instead which was a much more
rewarding experience for them and their children!!!

Shelley, etc.