[Dailydrool] Crockpots and Crackpots

Chris Bly jbly1 at kc.rr.com
Tue Jan 12 14:39:33 PST 2010

The problem with crockpots you got to smell the food simmerin all day long and it makes you so hungry by the time dinner is ready you almost ready to eat the ceramic insert in the crockpot. This what the Bassets at Western Missouri rescue say.
Also I liked the email about different breeders and different rescues. It is true their are good and bad in both. I once heard of a rescue letting a dog go to a home without being spayed. My jaw almost hit the floor when I heard about this crackpot rescue!!
Good rescues are very diligent in making sure the Bassets go to great homes. Most of the people rescues adopt to have had a Basset before but if they haven't the rescue makes sure they are aware of the Basset traits. Drool, slobber on your ceiling, begging, anal glands, stubborness, ear cleaning, etc.The dogs vet records all go with the dogs, the dogs are all fixed and shots are current. All dogs are checked out by a vet before they go up for adoption. All references are checked before the rescue dog is placed and a home visit and follow up visits are always done.