[Dailydrool] Basset Hounds and Bloodhounds

anitra palato santanapants at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 14:13:29 PST 2010

To make this basset related, I can spot any kind of hound from a mile
away because I am owned by basset hounds!

Yesterday on the way home I saw the most beautiful bloodhound in a
parking lot on a VERY busy street about 1/2 hour away from rush hour
traffic. The sun was glistening on her like she was an angel!  I
thought to myself, okay go get here and get her scanned for a
microchip but what if she bolts into the street when I drive up?  I
had food in my car but no leash, and how in the heck would I pick up a
90lb dog by myself into the BUV if she does not get in!  So I sped on
home called animal control told them where she was and they told me we
have been getting so many calls on her all day and can't seem to catch
the booger!
I said she is there now hurry! I told DH on his way home if he see's
her call me and I will go.  She was already gone he said.

So checked today they picked her up.  I am glad she didn't have to
stay in the cold.  However do any of the basset rescue folks know of
any bloodhound rescues that I can call?
I tried Colorado's number it rings and rings and rings.  I called
MidWest bloodhound rescue and left a message but nada.  Any info is
helpful!

I would love to get her, she is 1 1/2 years old and huge and wrinkly!
Not sure how she feels about cats, not sure how Lilly would do, we are
working on her social skills.

If anyone knows anything about bloodhound rescue let me know so we can
get something going for this girl!

Drool to all in need!

--
Anitra | Momma To the Hounds |
Santana Mr Pants & Lilly Belle Rose

"My family is not confined to mother, mate, and child; but it includes
all creatures be they tame or wild; my family upon this earth includes
all living things, on land, or in the ocean deep, or borne aloft on
wings.~ Alicia S. Carpenter"