[Dailydrool] Rescue Groups & Owner's Vet Bills

saraberry at aol.com saraberry at aol.com
Wed Jan 13 23:19:51 PST 2010

I think that this is not a purveyance of rescue, but is a viable model for a new non-profit.  To assist people on fixed or low incomes with veterinary bills.  You would get a lot of demand and might have to decide what parameters they would need to meet in order to prioritize, such as SAR dogs (Search and Rescue), assistance dogs, therapy dogs, etc.

I personally wouldn't start something a new 501c3 until the economy improves somewhat...but I bet you could find support for it even on a small scale.

Sara*