[Dailydrool] Angelanne's starvation look

Susan Woodward critters4 at bellsouth.net
Sat Jan 16 16:14:24 PST 2010

My basset did the same thing. Gave everyone that "she won't allow the 'F'
word in the house (F= FOOD) look and acted like she hadn't been fed in
weeks. Then we discovered the power of raw green beans and baby carrots. She
LOVES them. A fattening treat would be better she thinks but these veggies
are pretty tasty too. They seem to take the edge off her starvation. I also
use the Iams restricted calorie chow with a tablespoon of raw pumpkin on
top. Sometimes when she is a real good dog she gets a dollop of plain
yogurt. To her the yogurt is like whipped cream.

Stay the course, for it is for their own good.

Susan & critters