[Dailydrool] Steam cleaner for floors

Maura DeYong mauradeyong at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 16 17:22:54 PST 2010

Angelika,

I recently bought a Shark steam cleaner. I, like you, cannot take the knees on the floor anymore. ha  But, I don't think mops really get the floor as clean as I like it to be. I have 4 dogs, one of which is a bloodhound that drools and sheds a lot. I also have an elderly basset, Polly, that spends a lot of time lying on the floor and on her bed.
Anyway, the Shark doesn't use chemicals, only water, which is what I was looking for. I don't really want my dogs exposed to chemicals if they don't have to be. I vaccuum the floor very well first, and then use the Shark. I find this to work the best. The Shark won't pick up particles very well, so I always vaccuum well first. But, it does pick up dirt, and even dried droolers. It is easy to use, just add water, and wait for the steam to come out of the bottom, which takes about 10 seconds. It is lightweight, and isn't bad on the back either. The pads that clean the floor use velco, and when they become dirty, just take them off and throw in the washing machine. I have only used it on tile, but the directions say it will work on wood floors as well. Just my two cents worth.....

Maura DeYong,
owned by and slave to:
Trixie Beagle, Tank the Bloodhound, Belle Dawg the Bluetick Coonhound, and last but not least, Polly Basset