[Dailydrool] Need Ideas with Mazzie

LaRock Hounds twobassetsonedoxie at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 05:26:40 PST 2010

Just to bring everyone up to date again: We are awaiting cytology results on
Mazzie to see if she has bladder cancer. She does not have an infection. She
does not have bladder stones. She is on amoxicillan just to prevent any
infection from all of the instruments that the doctor had to probe her
bladder and vagina with this past week at the vets for testing. She is also
on prednisone for an anti-inflammatory for the same reason (I guess). I know
prednisone can increase water intake and can increase urine output.  Anyhow,
we put an adult attend on her at night and then a doggie diaper that is
velcro and then we attach that with the coated baby pins that are the kind
that lock in place. This is so that she does not have to sleep in a crate.
She hates being in a crate due to being at the Humane Assocation for so long
waiting to be adopted. She cries and cries in it, but only at nighttime.
Also, the vet confirmed that her fusion has gotten worse that I would much
rather see her be able to stretch out as far as she can as she on the dog
couch to sleep at night. THE PROBLEM: she wiggles on the sides of the
furniture until she gets the dang diaper off, then she urinates all over the
carpet, the pergo, the linoleum. She does not whine to go out. This has been
since Wednesday night. She even has gotten up when we are here and leave the
room and urinate in the house without signaling to go out. This is from a
dog that would excessively whine to say she had to go out before. I need an
idea to keep her from urinating on everything. It is cleanable, but it has
blood in it and she is dripping blood some days too walking around.  I
called the vet and he said this is why we are waiting on cytology. The blood
is alot less now then it was when we first got her back Wednesday.  She does
get crated when we are at work so I don't want to crate her at night too.
Also, the room with the linoleum gets too cold at night for her to sleep
on--it is a live on porch, but not well insulated in the floor area.

Oliver is on prednisone too, but he is not having accidents in the house nor
is he asking to go out excessively. He is on the same doseage also and
weighs less than Mazzie.

Thank you to anyone for ideas.

--
DRool to all in need,