[Dailydrool] Milkbone and Conley

njmedic702 at aol.com njmedic702 at aol.com
Sun Jan 17 08:13:08 PST 2010

I was partial to Milk Bone.
y neighbor's dog, when I was very little, got a can of Ken-L ration and a
uge helping of Milk Bone as his meal.
 used to share the Milk Bone.
t wasn't bad, a little gritty.

Oh, Bev,
I got a good laugh over this when I read it.  When I was a little girl we had a mutt named Blackie.  In those days, most dogs lived outside in dog houses on the end of a chain.  Blackie was no exception.  He did, however, get Milkbones and some table scraps on a regular basis as treats. (Heck, he could have eaten Ken-L Ration, too for all I know, LOL.)  But I digress.  Someone, probably an older kid trying to get over on me, told me if I ate a dog biscuit I would begin to bark like a dog.  I thought that was a rather neat idea - so I did.  I found it a bit dry and gritty also, but looking back through the "retrospectascope" it tasted rather like Rye Krisp!  LOLOL....To make this Basset related, we don't feed Milkbone in our house because of Delilah's wheat allergies.

Thanks for a funny memory...
Sandi, Mamaslave to the NJ Four
Daisy, Delilah, Dozer and Dudley

PS - I think Conley is definitely an OEBE candidate, hands down!  Good luck on your show!