[Dailydrool] Nasty caller

AnitaW a.woodrum at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 17 15:25:02 PST 2010

It's called OLDTIMER'S DISEASE - and I don't know anyone over about 40 who
doesn't show at least a few signs of it.  You can also call it, "Oh My Dawg,
I'm Turning Into MY MOTHER!!! Disease" (or Father, if you're a guy).  No
cure.  Walking the dogs helps hold it off for a time, but eventually it's
gonna get you.  (I've heard that people who ate Milk Bones as children are
prone to Early Oldtimer's Disease, but this could possibly be a vicious
rumor.)

Gracie says thanks to all for the drool and good wishes.  She is improving a
little bit each day, we hope this continues.  She still has a hitch in her
gitalong, but it's getting to be a smaller hitch.  Thursday and Friday I
took Holly and Anna for their walk without Gracie, she was in too much pain
to care.  Normally she'd throw ten kinds of hissyfit if we went walking
without her.  Well, by yesterday she was doing enough better that she wanted
to go, but she can't walk more than 10 or 15 feet before she has to stop, so
no way she could go on a walk.  If you remember, I bought her a stroller
last year, but she loathes that stroller, so I decided to see if she'd ride
in a little red wagon.  She likes it.  So yesterday and today we all went
for our long walk (about 1-1/2 miles), Holly and Anna on leashes, and me
pulling Gracie in the wagon.  It never occurred to me, when I decided to
adopt Basset Hounds, that I would become the leader of the traveling
neighborhood comedy troupe.

Anita Woodrum

a.woodrum at sbcglobal.net

  _____