[Dailydrool] taboo foods

Susan Kitz smkitz at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 17 21:07:25 PST 2010

I know dogs should not be given chocolate but back in the day, when I was young we had a miniture poodle who demanded a chocolate nonperiel every night at bedtime, sometimes she even got 2 out of us.  Occasionally when the nonperial was not available she insisted on a chocolate rum bean form the delicatessin, she lived to be aover 17 and ruled the roost with an iron paw.  Being fond to chocolate I do find it difficult to withhold chocolate from the dogs, particularly since I know it is not good for them.  As for veggies Beau is a good ounter surfer (he wats to know where to send his OEBE too) and has sneaked foo with carrots and sweet potatoes.  When BrunoATB, Vega ATB and sister Francie ATB were young I would given them the broccoli stems when I made stir-fry.  I would call them green bones and Bruno was the most enthusiastic, Vega and Francie, especially Francie would give me a "look" but would take them anyway  because Bruno had one.   Sad aroos for those who have dad a  beloed basset go to the bridge.  Their passing always brings back bittersweet memories.  I love the vidoes posted and the pics of Mmorse. snf yhr tslrd snf foinhd of Budder Elwood and family Whilr Beau and Honey keep themselves quite busy with mmischief they are out of the Conley stage of inquistive destructuion, almost.  Sue K