[Dailydrool] Do we qualify for OEBE

rosekh at aol.com rosekh at aol.com
Mon Jan 18 17:57:32 PST 2010

Fred and Annie have been reading today's posts about OEBE qualifications, and have been pestering me to submit applications for them.  Ok, Fred, you first...ok, slow down, I can't type that fast!  Ok...

1. I hit my mom's hand when she's trying to type on the computer because hands are meant to pet me.
2. I steal my mom's slippers when she takes them off to put on shoes to take us for a walk...yesterday I fell on the steps from the kitchen into the living room as I was running with a slipper in my mouth.
3. When we're going for walks, I stop, S-L-O-W-L-Y lower myself to the ground, head then tummy then tush, and then roll around on the ground so my mom has to wait for me.  Even better if I'm rolling in something that stinks!
4. When mom is making our dinner, I bark and bark and bark to get her to hurry up, even when she says, "Fred, SHUT UP!!"  In between barking, I'll chase Annie around and bite her ears.
5.  I ate some ornaments off the Christmas tree, and when mom surrounded the tree with chairs, I stood on the couch so I could reach the higher up ornaments.
6.  On more than one occasion I pulled mom's and Annie's stockings off the fireplace.  I didn't touch mine...oh, except when Christmas was over.  Then I pulled all 3 down, but I was just helping mommy un-decorate.

Ok Annie, your turn...

1. I make mommy walk at my pace by coming to a dead stop...mommy is walking along and then almost falls forward because I make myself into a dead weight.  When she looks back at me, I look up at her from under my droopy eyelids, and we proceed at my pace.  Sometimes I will stop again after just 2 more steps...depends on my mood.
2. I eat poop.  And dead mice.
3. I lay on the couch, lick a spot til it's really wet, then I push mommy out of the way and sit in her spot.  The only place for her to sit is in the spot I just made all wet.
4. I eat my food and then go stand near Fred with my head less than an inch from his while he's eating, in case he leaves anything behind.
5. If mommy is sitting on the couch eating, I'll put my face less than an inch from hers because I want some of what she has.
6. I growl at my Grandpa every time he comes over.  I know he's nice, but I just think it's fun.
7. When mommy tries to put me in the car, I get as low to the ground as possible (after I try running back inside.)  This week, when she tried to take me to the vet, I kept trying to jump back out of the car after she got me in.

We hope we're worthy!!!

Fred and Annie (and our mom Rose)