[Dailydrool] Sleep and funny things

julie h jules56pt at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 18 18:10:28 PST 2010

The adults here are sleep deprived.  The main reason is that there was a large spotted jester in bed with us last night.  The teenage slave had a friend over and they stayed up most of the night.  Not a problem except that this leaves two plump little houndies loose and wanting to go to bed.  Shelby is ok and sleeps in the donut.  Maggie is a different story.  She needs to go to bed in a bed.  But she won't go unless her boy goes too.  Sooooo she ended up with us.  She couldn't stay on the floor either.  She had to be on the bed.  Ninja was on the bed too.  She was at the foot growling at the intruder.  Maggie had to be between us under the covers.  I had my hand wrapped around her and her snooter was on my shoulder.  But the snooter had to be out from under the covers.  So we got the snooter arranged andthen she proceeded to snort, whine, wheeze and snore in my ear.  She is a peach to sleep next to.  She fell fast asleep on me.  And this is a big girl with a very big head.  Which weighs a ton when she is asleep.  I couldn't stay that way cause my arm went to sleep.  So I had to move and then she woke up.  She wouldn't go back to sleep.  So the DH finally got up with her at 2ish and let her out.  Ninja had to go supervise.

Then they came back up and Miss Maggie of the I can't sleep persuasion came back in and lay on the floor whimpering for hours.  she wanted up on the bed and somehow couldn't manage by herself.  We had such a "restful" night.  Reminds me of the days with babies of the two legged kind.  The teenage slave has been warned that the big smooshy girl will be sleeping with him every night, friend or no.  Ninja I can take.  Miss whiney snoozer I can't.  When they got up the second time at around 5:15 and Maggie came down and crashed on the loveseat for about the next 5 hours.  Glad someone in this house got some sleep. Ninja always gets her beauty sleep.

I think I am typing in my sleep right now.  There certainly is a lot of snoring going on in here.

Julie with Ninja, Marley, Maggie, and Shelby the sweet sleeping basset girls