[Dailydrool] Anesthesia question

kacy green greenlikethecolor at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 14:14:54 PST 2010

Cowboy is getting his teeth cleaned tomorrow and the estimate was $370 -
$550, not including potential extractions or anything else. They said the
high end of the price includes bloodwork and liver panel or something like
that that they recommend but dont require before putting him under
anesthesia. I would prefer to spend the lesser amount since I am almost
positive he will need at least one tooth pulled. Can I please get some
drooler opinions on if this blood work is necessary? Do you guys do it
everytime your dog goes under? Cowboy is 3 and has no health problems that
we know of beside the occasional upset tummy.

My sister said her dog has gone under several times for various issues and
has never had the blood work done, but I still wanted to get fellow basset
owners take on this.

Thanks in advance. Feel free to email me directly or to the list. Cow goes
in at 8am tomorrow (Tuesday) though so I prefer direct emails offlist.
Thanks again,
Kacy w/Cow and Ru
--
Cowboy: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/531112