[Dailydrool] Misty's gotcha day

Kathie Goblirsch Bookwyrm at comcast.net
Tue Jan 26 11:04:42 PST 2010

On a cold day, one year ago, we drove from New Hope, MN to Eau Claire,
WI to pick up Misty at the local PetSmart, where she was waiting for us
with her transporter volunteer from Basset Buddies Rescue.
It took her a little bit to warm up to us; she seemed to be a bit more
cautious of men than women.  But soon she was willing to go out into the
cold and hop in our van.
The drive back home was unexpectedly calm and quite in our experience.
Misty just hopped up on the back seat and curled up and went to sleep.
(We were used to our Gabby, who seems to be in almost constant motion
while in a vehicle.)
When we arrived home, Gabby wasn't quite sure whether she wanted a
strange dog in her house.  But Misty took it all in stride -- and,
eventually, decided that *she* was going to be the dominate hound in
this house!  They are friends now -- seeming to spend inordinate amounts
of time sniffing each others ears and butts!!
 From my limited understanding of the titles, Misty is both studying to
be a PIT and a member of OEBE.
We love her to bits and are (usually <g>) very happy that she is a
member of our family.

Kathie G