[Dailydrool] "Draw the Dog"

Kay, Nancy K *HS NKK3U at hscmail.mcc.virginia.edu
Tue Jan 26 11:14:03 PST 2010

To you rescue people all over:  I got this email a while ago because I'm a "fan" of Draw the Dog on Facebook. It's an offer to create a "drawing of a dog" that supports rescue. They do cool stuff; see the link below.

Nancy, owned by Uncle Frank the Tank
and Sweet Sarah ATB

Subject: How can we help dog rescue and breed groups, and shelters?

We do our best to help the organizations that are helping dogs, by creating eye-catching cartoons they can use for free as fundraisers or simply as a way to get the public's attention.

Here's an example:   http://drawthedog.com/?page_id=467

Now, we'd like your help in gathering ideas and feedback from rescue groups, animal shelters and breed organizations worldwide. We'd like to know what messages and types of images would help them the most. For example, one shelter recently asked if we could do a cartoon that specifically says, "Adopt me!" That seems like a good idea.

Since there are thousands of wonderful organizations out there, we can't do specific cartoons that will only work for one organization. ("Will you do a brown and white Schnauzer with the caption 'Visit Beverly Hills Over-Tanned Schnauzer Rescue during cocktail hour'" -- that just won't work.)

Can you please spread the word and ask active volunteers to let us know what they think we could do to help as many organizations as possible? We may not have money to donate, but we  do have the ability to grab people's attention and we are thrilled to support those who help dogs.