[Dailydrool] Bloodwork before surgery

June Davis auntie_em98 at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 26 14:43:39 PST 2010

I am now an adovcate to having bloodwrok done before surgery. When we first got Cloud, we went straight to our vet to get him checked and to make the appt. for his neuter. (Long story as to why we were able to leave the shelter with him still intact) The vet wanted to do bloodwork before the surgery, I was a little reluctant to do this because of the expense. Now after the fact I am so glad that our vet would not do the surgery without the bloodwork. Cloud looked and acted like he was in nothing but the best of health. After the bloodwork, I found out he wasn't in the best of health. His numbers were so low that the vet said he had never seen them that low, and had he done the neuter, Cloud might not have made it off the table. Two weeks of vitamins and other things later and another blood draw complete, Cloud was cleared for his neuter. I am so glad now that I had the bloodwork done before the surgery, I shudder to think what could have happened. I would have been devistated if my brand new bundle of drool had died on the table because I didn't want to pay the $100.

When Stony goes to have his neuter done I WILL be getting bloodwork completed before.

June