[Dailydrool] Bubba update

Donna Carmack bassetmom2005 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 27 07:41:42 PST 2010

Here's an update on the basset we brought back from Kentucky.  Bubba
gained 6 pounds the two weeks that we've had him in Michigan.  The vet
had him on antibiotics for his bad teeth until we could put enough
weight on him to survive the anesthetic seeing that he's heartworm
positive.  Two days ago he had his teeth cleaned.  Considering he is ten
years old and how bad his mouth was he only lost 4 teeth and the rest
are in good shape.  In two weeks we should be able to finish the
heartworm treatment that was started before we picked him up from the
humane society in Kentucky.  He's now up to 51 pounds and he still looks
thin.  This basset is a sweetheart and I can't figure out why his
previous owners got rid of him.   Donna, Duffy, Jacie, Pepper and Bubba