[Dailydrool] Update on Bo

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 27 09:19:48 PST 2010

Thank you to all who have written and sent drool. Bo's surgery was postponed yesterday as he was not yet well enough to undergo the procedure. So he spent the day on fluids and meds. in the vetspital. Depending on how he looks today, the surgery will probably be done this afternoon, or if not, then tomorrow. Our vet has been consulting with a couple of mainland surgeons. He may also opt to do the hernia repairs in two separate surgeries depending upon how long Bo is under anaesthesia. So, a lot of ifs, but Bo is hanging in there, bless his heart. Have any other droolers been through this particular kind of surgery with their dogs? (bilateral hernia repairs around the rectum in a dog with ulcerative colitis)? If so, I'd love to hear what helps in the recovery period. Fingers crossed. Aloha, Val