[Dailydrool] Teeth Cleaning in older Bassets

Jim and Cassandra Vance jvance at stny.rr.com
Sat Jan 30 08:19:15 PST 2010

Need some good drooler advice.  Harrison is an "older" (hate to even say that.........) Basset, he came to us at around 8"Ish" and we have had him for 6 years this June so he is about 14"ish".  His teeth were bad when we got him, worn down, etc.  We have had them cleaned in past.  At his last appointment our vet suggested cleaning them and I know they need it.  I just cannot bring myself to do it though.  At 14 I am very concerned about the anesthesia.  Esp. with the latest round of anethesia recalls.  What are your thoughts?

Cassandra and Harrison