[Dailydrool] lymphosarcoma

Mary Beth Mohr anaditka at eot.com
Sun Jul 18 19:32:12 PDT 2010

Hi everyone.
I haven't been here in a while.  My basset, LucyIndaSky, went to The
Bridge on Christmas Eve 2007 due to megaesophagus.  I then got a
Basset-mix puppy from Basset & Beagle Rescue of the Heartland, who
they had named Shrek because that "funny noise" he makes when he's
excited sounds like the Donkey in the Shrek movies.  As he grew, Shrek
decided he wanted to be taller than a basset - the "funny noise" is
Treeing Walker Coonhound. So, he's not a Basset anymore, and he can't
join Waddles or be in the calendar.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/album.php?aid=2275&id=100000056364398
Otherwise, Shrek was a fine candidate for OEBE.  But he's been
recently lethargic and wheezie and not making The Shrek noise. On July
4th he had huge lymph nodes on his neck.  Vet first thought pneumonia,
then blasto, & now is awaiting biopsy confirmation of lymphosarcoma.
Any of you familiar with lympho, any advice would be greatly
appreciated. Thanks.
/Mary Beth Mohr
LIDS_mom at yahoo.com