[Dailydrool] My life as a PW

Alice dognpony at ptd.net
Fri Jul 2 19:14:07 PDT 2010

Hi all, Pw Harley Chick here, one of the Jersey Girls.  I thought I'd post a
little about my life as a Pwincess.

So I started life in South Dakota, my AKC name is Hurricane Harley and Crazy
Basset Lady said there is some Musicland in my background.  I made my way to
New Jersey to a pet store and Mom's boss and his then wife took me home.  I
lived in the lap of luxury for about five months.  Mom's black lab died and
her boss sent me to live here.  My 9th gotcha day will be next Tuesday, July
6!

Before I came to live here, Mom didn't like bassets.  Imagine that?  Slave
training began.  Roxy, the pointy ear dog was here, but she didn't want to
play as much as I did.  Mom found the Drool in September 2001 and she and I
went to our first Boardwaddle in 2002.  Imagine our surprise when we scored
a basket for our pledges!

So by then I had converted Mom into a basset nut and she found Fred as a
playmate for me.  Oops, Fred doesn't like other dogs, but I keep him in
line.

Next, along comes Dad Slave.  He didn't much care for bassets either.  We
fixed that in short order, first at a picnic in Gettysburg, then at
Boardwaddle 2004.  The slaves flunked fostering with the next Harley, now
known as Miss Harley Puppy and adopted Molly Bulldozer just for the heck of
it.

We have been to eight Boardwaddles; two Michigan Waddles; three Trout
Parades and so very many parties and picnics.  I have never been homeless,
but all my siblings were.  Roxy and Puppy came from Long Island; Fred from a
no kill shelter here in NJ and Molly from Illinois.  We try as hard as we
can to raise money for the homeless ones; be helpful to our rescues and
transport other kids when we can.  There is a PIA (not PIT) foster here
right now.  Mom is thinking she might be Roxy reincarnated...

I don't have stories about being wheeled down the street on an office chair
like the late Pw Jacques, but Dad does sometimes give us rides in the dump
trailer of the lawn tractor just for fun.  I get really good food and my
favorite raw chickie necks.  It's a constant battle keeping the younger kids
in line.

So two human converts and three adopted bassets.  Not bad,  ya think?

PW wannabees, keep us posted on your human, or hound, training.

Yours in bassetude,

Hurricane Harley RN CGC; known to my friends as PW Harley Chick