[Dailydrool] Gus--brave? well.....

Sfwill at aol.com Sfwill at aol.com
Sun Jul 4 07:35:58 PDT 2010

this morning i woke up and thought, "i have to write the drool about Gus
last night."  we went down to the beach to watch the fireworks.  i was
pretty confident that he'd do ok, because he's not at all skittish during
thunder or lightening.  so, we all walked down to the beach, gus proudly  wearing
a patriotic kerchief a friend gave him yesterday.  of course, he  was
getting pats galore from everybody and was easily withstanding all the kids
blowing horns and noisemakers.  the fireworks started and he sat next to  me,
enthralled.  actually watching the sky.  not even a little jump at  the noise.
we left right as the finale started because i figured with  thousands of
people walking up the same little side street, we'd be better off  leaving a
minute ahead, so as not to trip somebody, or have somebody step on his  paws.
 so we left a bit early and got back and he plopped down on the deck
snoring.  ok, so my brave boy earned the badge of courage.  well, not  so fast.
this morning, i draped a throw rug over the back porch banister to dry and
he would not step onto the porch!  that big scary rug might bite him or
something.  at first, i couldn't figure out why he wouldn't step out the
door.  then i realized the only thing different was the rug.  so i  took the rug
in and out he marched!
so the lesson is, fireworks?  no prob.  big monster rug?
happy independence day to all of our drool family and especially to our
independent houndies..........
susan, loving slave to gus
gus-i KNOW i saw big teeth on that monster on the porch and he was  gonna
bite me!