[Dailydrool] RECALL Merrick Beef Filet Squares-salmonella-again

Kathleen Jones klj at efn.org
Mon Jul 5 16:25:43 PDT 2010

The following manufacturers recalled pet-food products:

-- Merrick Pet Care Inc. recalled one lot of 10-ounce bags of Beef Filet Squares for Dogs. The treats could be contaminated with salmonella. The treats were sold in 10-ounce plastic bags marked with the best by date of March 24, 2012, and the lot number 10084TL7. Consumers can call 800-664-7387. The company recalled the same product in January, for the same reason.

And FDA issues Merrick a warning letter.
http://www.foodsafetynews.com/2010/07/pet-owners-not-told-recall-was-for-salmonella/

Drat.  The contents of that warning letter are less than reassuring about Merrick's manufacturing.  I'm not happy about that at all, at all.

Kathleen & Maestro ( I can live on CHEEEEZE  and crackers, I tell you!)
w/Henry Wadsworth & Bentley Basset ATB