[Dailydrool] Drool for Conley, and the loooong Basset

Lisa Board lisaboardva at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 16:34:10 PDT 2010

The Three Musketeers and I are sending Drool for Conley's eye... poor lil'
pumpkin.

As far as long Bassets, Baloo is 100% Basset and is well over two feet in
length.  I call him my "Limousine Basset".  His vet has cautioned that the
really long ones are more prone to back issues down the road, because in
Baloo's case his ribs don't go down far enough to compensate for his extra
long spine.  I am really careful loading him onto the bed and have a ramp
from BROOD for my foster seniors for the car, but he still jumps off of the
bed if I'm not careful and the ottoman too.  Hard to keep an 19-month old
Basset still for long!

Lisa, with the Three Musketeers Baloo, Buckley and Zoe