[Dailydrool] Sleepless Nights

Melissa mibassetrescue at att.net
Fri Jul 16 18:53:57 PDT 2010

It never crossed my mind that this alarm clock malfunction was related to
going down in the rear.....until now. Our beloved Earl (ATB) had to have
back surgery. He healed up and walked again, but he also did the wanting
breakfast earlier and earlier thing. We'd get up, we had no choice. Earl
would bark and bark for his breakfast. The only way to shut him up was to
feed him!! So we did...sometimes at 3 O'clock in the morning!!! We felt like
idiots and our friends thought we were out of our minds....I guess we WERE,
but YOU try living with a very vocal sweetheart basset who wants to be fed
and trust me, you'll feed him!! We got used to feeding everyone in the
middle of the night. Then everyone, including us, would go back to bed and
sleep until a much more reasonable hour.

Our group now seems to be sane. We get up and take a long walk at 7:30am and
then the furkids rest a bit after returning. Sometimes they don't get their
first meal until 10 AM!!

Melissa and Jo
Michigan Basset Rescue
100% Recycled Bassets