[Dailydrool] what happens when slaves are sick?

Mr Shannon R Gerdel bassethoundbutler at gmail.com
Sat Jul 17 20:08:45 PDT 2010

Boomer, Babe, and Arnie are all kind of 'lost' right now. Cathy has had
pneumonia for two weeks, and they are not used to Dad taking care of Mom.
They are also not used to many strangers in the house, as I had to get help,
lest I get sick too.

Poor Arnie, he's lost. He is Mom's dog, and he's not used to her being in
bed sick. I figured for sure that he would get up on the bed with her. Nope,
he barely went to the side of the bed to see her. It seems like he is afraid
of her right now, when she is sick.

Babe is mad. She has shown Momma that she loves her, but she is still mad.
It is the principle of the thing. Babe was abused in ways that I will never
understand, and her "safe spot" is where Momma lays at night. Well, for
awhile, Momma was in her spot all day. We had a very unhappy Houndette. She
would push on Cathy while she was sleeping, as if to push her off the bed,
and then I'd be getting glared at when I pulled Babe back to the middle of
the bed. She tried pushing me out of bed one night.

She's Daddy's girl, no doubt about it. She's come so far from the shy quiet
wallflower that she was when we first got her.

And then there's Boomer. Let me use Hawk-eye's quote in regards to Charles
from an episode of M*A*S*H: "Boomer can't be described, Boomer must be
experienced." (NOTE: I have hunted all over the internet to verify that
quote, and have been unable to. Am I wrong in my memory of M*A*S*H quotes?)

Boomer has been such a good boy. What did I just type about the most
eligible OEBE member from da Caspaw Cwew? Anyway, he has moved for his
Momma, and he goes in and gently lays down next to her, with his head on her
hip, or legs. He loves his Momma, he's such a good boy. (Egads! Yikes!! I've
done it again. I called him a good boy. My mind keeps screaming  Error,
error, error!)

So, what do your kids do when you are sick?

Houndie Hugs and Snooter Kisses from the Caspaw Cwew!

In Drool,

Babe: dogster.com/dogs/261208
Boomer: dogster.com/dogs/235129
Arnie: dogster.com/dogs/281040
Shannon (an absolute, total, complete BassetCase)
Facebook: facebook.com/shannon.r.gerdel
MySpace.com/shannongerdel

Mr. Shannon R. Gerdel
3583 Meadowlark Drive