[Dailydrool] Elvis update

Angelika Hastings angelikabrn at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 19 16:17:12 PDT 2010

It will be two years this week since Elvis 'lost' the use of his backlegs. He has otherwise been doing fine and enjoys life just fine. A recent vet visit because I thought he'd chipped a tooth brought other issues to light. His teeth are fine by the way. The vet is certain that he has cancer ( lymphnodes and lungs). We will not do any of the biopsies, x-rays or other tests as I would not put him through treatment. Knowing exactly what he has would not make a difference and would only be additional stress for him. I trust the vet and am certain she would not utter her diagnosis if she was not certain of it. He will continue to live in the way he has become accustomed to for whatever time he has left. I hope we have a while yet- but as all his bloodwork and check-up were clear at the end of march of this year, we fear that this may be fast growing. I am sorry to share such sad news here on the drool- but there are so many who have been there for Elvis these last couple of years- I wanted to be sure to not miss anyone.

Please hug your fur-babies extra tight tonight in his honor. Elvis is a very quiet un-assuming kind of guy and does not wish any fuss be made.

I will give him K9-Immunity in addition to his regular 'stuff'. The vet says there are some other meds we can give him to make his breathing easier when the need arises.

Thank you all for being there for us,

Angelika and Elvis too!