[Dailydrool] Elvis update

Cathy Rice cathy.rice1 at att.net
Tue Jul 20 09:40:46 PDT 2010

Angelika,

 I am so sorry to hear about Elvis. My boy Nate was diagnosed with lung tumors early this year. We came to the same decision that we will not put him through all of the tests, etc with his age and the other health issues he already has. He began having a rather bad cough and our vet put him on Hydrocodone and Theophylline which really made an improvement and seemed to give him some comfort. She also recommended a supplement that she said the Greyhound people were using for bone cancer called Artemisinin that has been shown in some studies to reduce the size of tumors. Nate gets two 50 mg tabs a day. I have been giving it to him for a couple of months now but have not had xrays done again to see if it is doing anything to the tumors.
I wish both you and Elvis the best. I'll ask our other hounds to send some of their extra drool Elvis' s way tonight.

Cathy
Momslave to Nate, Dozer, Grace, foster Sunny and wannabe Leah.