[Dailydrool] Question for the list....

Kathy Miller kmiller7 at bellsouth.net
Thu Jul 22 17:45:01 PDT 2010

I have a question for anyone knowledgeable about torn ACL's (knee
ligaments).  Gus has a torn ACL and I took him to an orthopedic vet, who
offered surgery as a means of correcting the problem.  This is major surgery
with a price tag of $3000 plus change.  As I drove home with Gus in the car
with me, I got to thinking about alternatives.  The alternative I thought
about was if I was able to immobilize his back legs by using a wheelchair
wouldn't his torn ACL heal?  Gus is 10 yrs. old and frankly I don't have
$3000 to spend on this procedure.  I could see spending the money if Gus was
a puppy or 2 yrs. old.  My question is would this work?  He's getting pain
meds and is comfortable..with minimal excitement.in other words he's a
basset that sleeps through the day and night.except when frosty paws are
involved.

Kathy Miller, frosty paw slave to Gus and Frank tha tank