[Dailydrool] itchy dogs

Swartz foxybear at cox.net
Tue Jul 27 09:15:29 PDT 2010

Drool to Bo, we hope that your momma finds some kind of treatment for
you.

I received the boys PBF uniforms last Friday, and spent the weekend
trying to get pictures of them.  They were not being very photogenic for
me.  Between  the heat, humidity and being gorked out on Benadryl from a
case of contact dermatitis on their undercarriages they were not in the
mood for pictures.  I got a couple of decent pictures but will try one
more time to get better ones. Anyhoo.. Thanks to the seamstresses and
MBHR for all of their hard work.  The uniforms are awesome!  There is
something in my yard that the boys lay in that they are allergic to. I
have searched the yard for all the usual suspects, Poison Ivy, sumac,
oak but nothing.  They have had this the last 2 summers, but this year
with the help of the Theracoat it doesn't seem to be as bad. Still I am
having to keep them on Benadryl tablets, and Gold Bond cream. Tried
Benadryl cream and Hydrocortisone but the gold bond seems to work the
best.  If anyone has any suggestions on what might be making them so
itchy or of any other treatments that might work better please let me
know.

Marlene, I almost spit tea onto my computer reading your post about the
dachshund in heat and the neighbor with the Brittany.   Too funny!  I
agree that yours and a few other droolers should publish a book. I would
love to see the movie but I am afraid of what that would do to the
basset population.  When 101 Dalmatians and the Air Bud movies came out
that increased the want for those breeds, and then increased the breed
dumping because people wanted a "Movie" dog and didn't understand what
they were getting into, and that breeds quirks were not what they had
signed up for. Bottom line irresponsible people = bad ju-ju for the
dogs, and a big mess for the rescues to try manage.

I hope that everyone is have a wonderful week
Drool to all the sick or injured hounds, and humans
Michele Momma to the Bad A** Basset Brothers
Colt "Momma Scratch my belly and use those claws of yours"
Ruger "I so itchy"