[Dailydrool] Great book to read

Paul, Marie D. (WIC) Marie.Paul2 at va.gov
Tue Jul 27 06:23:46 PDT 2010

I just want to pass this on to my fellow dog "slaves".  I just finished
a great book called MERLE'S DOOR by Ted Kerasote and I highly recommend
that if you get a chance, get a copy either from the library or
bookstore.  It is a true story about the bond between dog and man.
Merle was a stray dog(actually a puppy of about four months old) that
made himself known to the author while on a camping trip in the desert,
the book tells of their lives together in Wyoming for almost 14 years.
I laughed, oooohed, aawwwed and of course, cried.  The ending is sad,
but beautiful as well as only a dog lover would understand.  It really
made an impact on how I look at Stonewall and Samantha, not only as
pets, but as in integral part of my life.  I went so far as to send an
email off to the author to let him know how I felt and he emailed me
back, which really surprised me.  He has two more books coming out in
the very near future, one I already pre-ordered called PUKKA, which is
about a puppy he finally got after several years post Merle and the next
one comes out in 2012 titled WHY DO DOGS DIE YOUNG.

Marie Paul

Newton, KS