[Dailydrool] Alpo Dog Food

Carol Gazzara carolgazzara at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 27 07:29:28 PDT 2010

Hi All,

   We just got back from a short trip to Orlando and I just had to write.

    While there, we met a family with an 18 year old Basset - of course we told them about the Drool and they said they'd check it out, so if you're lurking, Hi, Mastmann family!

    Anyway, I was amazed at how well their basset looked and he was just full of life and happy.  I had to ask what they fed him and guess what????  They said he's an Alpo dog, has been his whole life.  Of course, I was a bit taken back.  Now I'm totally confounded.  I remember watching Johnny Carson many, many years ago when Alpo was their sponsor and Ed McMahon read the script for the Alpo commercial and they actually had a dog come on the set and eat dog food on camera.  Alpo has been around a very long time and yes, it is a Purina product but Wow, that basset looked great and they said he's had no major health problems.  Really makes ME wonder!!

Carol & Rosie in Florida