[Dailydrool] Need Help

Cathy Rice cathy.rice1 at att.net
Tue Jul 27 08:31:02 PDT 2010

OBR has been contacted by owners wishing to relinquish their dogs and would like to see if any other rescue(s) would be able to take them. First we have an almost two year old spayed female, very petite who they say has a sweet disposition but may need some help with housebreaking. She is in the Dayton, Ohio area. The owner is now in rehab and the fiance is trying to rehome the dog. We were contacted by the fiance several months ago and were going to take the dog but the owner changed his mind. Now he is in rehab and the fiance is threatening to take her to the pound if she can not get her rehomed.
The second is a breeder in the Ironton, Ohio area who is ill and no longer able to care for the dogs. They are an eight year old male, a 5 year old male, a 2 year old female possibly pregnant and a three year old female with a mammary mass that has not been checked out by a vet. All are unaltered. We have already arranged to pick up these 4 from the owner because she has flip flopped on whether she wants to give all or part of the dogs up and  has mentioned putting the pregnant female on Craigslist to find homes. She has also mentioned taking the others to the pound which is in an area where Parvo is common.  Although we are not taking in dogs we did agree to take them and hope that we can get another rescue to help with taking them in once they are safe. I have no pics yet but should have hopefully in a few days once we have posession. You may contact me offlist if you are able to help.Transport can be arranged. Thanks,

Cathy
Momslave to Nate, Dozer, Grace, foster Sunny and wannabe Leah