[Dailydrool] Robbers

Karen sparks_red at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 28 10:20:02 PDT 2010

I love when ADT salemen come to the door!  Evidently they don't see the metal dog gate permanently
attached at the front door?  Or do they just choose to ignore it?   I open the door and the salesman is
met by 4 bassets (Izzy and Nelly Belle hang back in the second line of defense) and husky Ruby Doo all
loudly singing the  "Stranger" chorus.  Sometimes I let the salesman proceed with his spiel of how I need
a security system to alert me if someone should enter the house, giving me time to call for help.
So wait a minute here.  The alarm sounds and you call me to see if it is a false alarm giving the invader time
to escape or kill me if 911 takes too long to get here?  "Well uhhh we need to make sure it is not a false alarm."
"Think how much safer you will feel especially now that you are not able to get around as well.  The crime
rate has been increasing in your area do to the economy."  Wow I didn't know that.  Here I thought that
if that was happening my neighbors would have said something.  Hmmmmm....interesting.

So as the man stands there I say tell him that we should go first through the benefits of my security system and
then he can tell me how his is so much better.  Lets go through this scenario as it now stands.
Very Loud Alarm system - 6 bassets and 1 husky - check,  Follow up to insure this is not a false alarm- Gang still
sounding the alarm - check.   911 call -  Send ambulance and police.  Invader was tripped by Abby Gale who went
belly up for a rub, Sadie Maye still sounding the alarm at invader's and  I believe his ear drum is punctured.  Ruby Doo
has gone for the his arms and throat with Bazzle biting below the belt.  While I am waiting for everyone to show up,
Izzy is hiding under the bed ready to run out of the room and trip him in case he has escaped above scenario make it into
my bedroom for safety.  Of course the gang is right on his heels.   Nelly Belle next to Momma protecting me (or is it the
other way around?).   Momma quietly waiting with full clip in her 45 aiming for middle of door (aka: hoping that will be
the center mass.)  Check, check, double check, triple check of system.

Follow up call to 911.  "Just wanted to find out how long before you get her?  Okay....10 minutes.  Don't worry, no hurry
the invader is no longer moving.  Oh no... I am too scared to see if he is breathing.

Interview with officers:
"No officers I live alone with just me and the gang.  It all happened so fast and I was scared for my life when he came running
in my room.  I just knew he was going to really hurt me.  I can't really get away with an ankle fracture.  I was sooooo scared so
I pulled the trigger.  He fell down and was trying to get up. I was so verrryyyy verrryyyy scared by now that everytime he moved
I guess I pulled the trigger again.   I didn't realize that I emptied the clip.

ADT Security, "Oh I see Ma'am that you really are not in need of a security system."  Thank you for your time."  They usually can't
wait to get away from my house.  Bwahahahahaha Bwahahahahhaha!

In the event that this was not an ADT salesperson then I just scared off a would be home invader.  Bwahahahahahahahahaha

There is nothing like a home security and alarm system!
Karen and The Dog House Gang