[Dailydrool] Robbers

Pam McQuade dpmcquade at verizon.net
Fri Jul 30 06:32:27 PDT 2010

<<I think most people with ill intent would at least think
twice before they would try to break in....well, at least until they saw
what was barking!>>

Our Alexis (ATB) had the deepest bark of any basset we've had. I think it
was that double-wide, deep chest. Any thief who arroused her attention
probably would have thought she was a mastiff. Then imagine seeing a short,
waddly, arthritis-ridden  lemon and white basset instead of that fearsome
dog.

Abner has taken up her post as early-warning system. He too is double-wide
and sounds fearsome. But in his case, I'm not sure he wouldn't go for the
burglar. And I'm not sure I'd discourage him, either, if someone meant harm
to our home--well, at least not until the last second.
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets