[Dailydrool] Robbers

jacquelynn chazey aerogator27 at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 30 17:51:25 PDT 2010

Healing drool to all in need.
Fred Basset, a basset who was the predecessor to the current herd, was adopted by me on 8/24/94, a day I will always remember because it was the same day  I met Tom Gimbal (really nice, really talented), then sax man for Aerosmith, and then Steve Tyler who allowed a photo op.  I was very involved in the music business then, and I only bring it up, because Fred became a song on my album (weird music).  Anyway, we had been bassetless for a while, Audrey, a sr. rescue, then Baby, a very sr. rescue were both gone.  There was an ad in the paper, and away I went.  I spent 45 minutes in the backyard of the woman giving up Fred until he was comfortable with me.  She went in the house and let us have alone time.  By the time she came out, he was kissing my face.  It was a sad situation.  She really wanted to keep him, but her husband and in laws did not, and I think the husband abused Fred because he was cranky, to say the least.  Fred wanted time and respect with all my family before he would be easy with them, but he did not demand that from Dad.  Dad was a Zen animal man.  It was amazing the respect, without harm, he got from animals.  He was born to be a Vet.  Anyway, for a long time, the local security co. was hounding us to buy their security.  Same co. that sold us fuel oil.  The very day that the salesman met Fred, he proclaimed we don't need the security, and they never came around again.
For the love of bassets,
Jackie