[Dailydrool] rescue

ypppmaureen at aol.com ypppmaureen at aol.com
Thu Jun 10 07:23:06 PDT 2010

Ginny,
The post that was sent to me was NOT about rescuing "puppies", it was about rescuing "seniors". AND had I known what I now know about puppy mill puppies, I'd have reconsidered adopting a puppy from a rescue, but once again, I DID NOT KNOW what I know now.
In any event, if I had rescued a puppy from a rescue, I would NOT have my dear Henry who I DID rescue from a pet store since he was on his way out in a week or less and probably would have ended up in a rescue anyway. So, I just got him sooner and HE was the one God wanted me to have. As far as the potty training, if it weren't me doing it, it would be a foster mom doing it. One way or the other, they have to potty train. Sure I would LOVE to have had him all perfectly potty trained, but he isn't and he is doing MUCH better anyway.
To any one else reading the post about rescue, I IN NO WAY AM IMPLYING THAT I DON'T BELIEVE IN RESCUE!!! It just wasn't meant to be at the time I RESCUED Henry from where I got him.
I hope all can understand what I am trying to say. I'm NOT trying to ruffle any feathers. Plus, I happen to know FOR A FACT that MANY droolers have gotten pet store puppies that have been the love of their lives. I wouldn't trade Henry for anyone else!

Maureen