[Dailydrool] rescue

ypppmaureen at aol.com ypppmaureen at aol.com
Thu Jun 10 16:16:41 PDT 2010

Just wanted everyone to know that I am ALL for rescue! In fact, we have RESCUED 2 horses from a rescue. Both standard breds and both fabulous animals. There are certain people who are very judge mental towards those of us who don't have rescue dogs, who only see one side and go out of their way to make it known. My feeling is no matter where you got your dog or how, when that dog enters your life, no matter where he/she came from, that dog becomes a member of the family and you love that dog and grow with that dog. Unfortunately that is not always the case due to many various reasons, hence rescue's. Many puppy mill dogs bought at pet shops have been rescued from wonderful rescues and many of you out there own some of these dogs today AND love them, even though they didn't have the PERFECT start. Even though they might not have been "potty trained perfectly" like was thrown in my face! I was under the assumption that just because someone like myself posts concerns where I let my hair down and let my frustration be known, that I wouldn't be judged just for asking the questions; just like everybody else does.
I have received MANY positive posts where many of you e-mailed me personally to share your wisdom and encouragement and some have even given me their phone numbers to talk to them if I should ever need to. To you, and you know who you are, THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART! It is people like you who have reached out and lent a helping hand to someone who at times feels as though I am drowning in bassethood! And to those few, and you know who YOU are, who went out of their way to throw s**t in my face, I hope that you are never in the position where when you reach out for help from people who SUPPOSEDLY know just a bit more about something than you do, that you are not met with someone like yourself!
Now I feel much better and I wish all you on the drool who really do care about dumb people like me who is learning as I go, just like many of you did at one time, a blessed night.
Thank you for listening.
Maureen (mom to pet-shop Henry)